Sometimes the amenities provided on construction sites are appalling - and this is not good enough. Under Section 21 of the OHS Act, the employer must:
'provide, so far as is reasonably practicable, adequate facilities for the welfare of employees at any workplace under the management and control of the employer'
WorkSafe Victoria has issued a Guidance Note which specifically addresses amenities on civil construction sites:Provision of amenities on mobile and short term civil construction sites (nb: looking for link on new site)
Important Construction & Utilities Information
- Red Cards
- Rest/meal breaks - what am I entitled to?
- Ladders - What are the Rules and Regulations?
- Amenities on construction sites
- Electrical Equipment - What are the laws/guidelines?
- Forklift Safety
- Hard Hats - do they last for ever?
- Compressed Air
- Resuscitation Equipment
- Welding - what are the issues?
- Snakes on sites
- Other FAQs