From WorkSafe Victoria:
- Placing workers in safe workplaces - An updated version of this comprehensive guide, with new appendices to assist labour hire agencies and group training companies.
Labour Hire Agencies : Managing the safety of on-hired workers - 4 page publication provides an overview of the OHS responsibilities of labour hire agencies (linked to the longer 96 page document, above).
Host employers: Managing the safety of labour hire workers - this document can assist in identifying, assessing and reducing risks to labour hire workers
- Labour Hire Workers - OHS Rights and Responsibilities - September 2006
- Case studies in labour hire - examples and learnings outlines good practices being implemented in the industry and opportunities for the organisations to enhance their OHS management systems. Published in July 2008, publication is based on case studies developed by the Australian Centre for Research in Employment and Work (ACREW) from information provided by labour hire agencies, host employers and interviews with labour hire employees.
- Labour Hire Organisations In Victoria Public Register - the register is updated on a monthly basis.
- You can find more information suitable for Labour Hire in the Transport, Storage & Trade Info page
Senate Inquiry, 2016
In 2016, the Education and Employment References Committee of the Australian Senate held an inquiry into the exploitation of temporary work visa holders. It released its report, A National Disgrace: The exploitation of temporary work visa holders [pdf], which made a number of recommendations, including that Treasury and the ACCC review the franchising code of conduct to determine whether there may be scope to impose a degree of responsibility on franchisors for franchisees' compliance with workplace laws.
The UK's HSE has published:
- guidance for temporary or agency workers and
- advice for employers on Agency/temporary workers. The online guide targets employers using agency labour, but provides useful general advice to anyone interested in the issue. Subjects covered include agency workers and health and safety duties, risk assessments, consultation and cooperation, information and training, monitoring safety practices and controlling working hours. There are also some useful links.
Last amended March 2016