Compliance codes, declared under the 2004 OHS Act, provide practical guidance to those who have duties or obligations under the Act. These now replace the old "Codes of Practice"
The eight compliance codes now available are:
- Communicating occupational health & safety across languages [pdf]
- Workplace amenities and work environment [pdf]
- Confined spaces [pdf]
- Compliance Code for First Aid in the workplace [pdf]
- Prevention of falls in general construction [pdf]
- Foundries [pdf]
- Managing asbestos in workplaces [pdf]
- Removing asbestos in workplaces [pdf]
WorkSafe has now produced hard copies of the Compliance Codes. Unions will be providing copies of the relevant codes to their OHS Reps, or they can obtained by contacting WorkSafe.
Go to the Workplace and Amenities section in FAQs for advice on specific matters which are dealt with in the First Aid and Workplace amenities and work environment codes.
Note: Development of other Compliance Codes (such as Plant; Manual Handling; or Hazardous Substances), was interrupted due to work on the national model Work Health and Safety regulatory package, wherein Model Regulations and Codes of Practice were being developed. However, in 2012, the Victorian Government determined not to adopt the national system and will now recommence the development of Compliance Codes.
Currently, (March 2017) a number of draft codes will be released for public comment.
Last amended March 2017